Duration: 2 Days (approx.)
Location: Serasa, Brunei
Thinking of getting certified for an upcoming vacation but don’t have the time to put into a regular dive certification course? Now there’s a quick and easy programme designed especially for you! This is your chance to slap on some fins, strap on a mask and experience intense adventure in a short amount of time.
The PADI Scuba Diver programme is a pre-entry level certification that is perfect for vacationers or people who only plan to dive a couple of times a year. As a sub-programme of the PADI Open Water Dive Course, the PADI Scuba Diver rating allows you to get certified quickly and easily by minimising time constraints. With this certification you can dive under the direct supervision of a PADI professional on your next vacation or diving trip anywhere in the world. This programme is a wonderful opportunity to explore the underwater world with the comfort and safety of having an experienced guide with you at all times.
During this diving certification course you will use the PADI Open Water Diver Manual and Video. The knowledge and skills you learn are just the beginning of an exciting array of courses and programmes that await you.
Credit earned in this programme can be used toward the Open Water Diver certification. The Open Water Dive Course uses the same materials as the Scuba Diver course, so already you are on your way to continuing further dive adventures.
What is Involved?
- A swim test involving a 10-minute float (without floatation devices or touching the bottom).
- 3 x chapters of theory, watching videos and completing short quizzes.
- 3 x confined water sessions (shallow water skills sessions).
- 2 x Open Water Dives (to a maximum depth of 12metres).
- You must be confident in the water, and able to complete a swim test of floating for 10 minutes, in the sea, without floatation devices, or touching the bottom.
- You will need to complete a short medical questionnaire to see if you are FIT TO DIVE. Please Note: It is best to check that this is all OK before you come to the island.
- This is a great option for people who have never tried diving before, and want to gain a certification, but do not have the full 4 days needed to complete the Open Water Course.